haley
my name is haley. i'm wild about stationery and paper goods and make them accordingly. i am a product of washington, dc. also i live there. i like acorns and cats and pop music and all that other stuff that everybody likes. let's be friends.
View my complete profile

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

got ideas for stationery you'd like to see? custom work? wanna say hello? i love hearing back!

ELSEWHERE

MY FLICKR!!

breadofmany. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Blog Archive

PIED PIPER

Thursday, January 13, 2011

HELLO AGAIN! PLUS : FONT FEST! (PART TWO)

Hey y'all! 


I really tend to hibernate in the winter, especially when the weather goes from so so cold to cold as the dickens! Here in DC that change happened in the past week or so, and as a result I've mostly been holed up in my house under blankets.
&you know what that means!
No?
It means : wasting spending so much time digging through the internet!

During a recent dig, I stumbled upon this post on Pikaland which turned me onto this legitly badass typography resource on the legitly badass (and legitly in spanish) neo2 blog! They feature loads of unique lettering styles by loads of illustrators &designers. 
LOADS!

I wanted to share some of my favorite fonts (which are freeee to download!) and barely got past the first page of them before having way too many for sharing to be reasonable. 
So instead of all my most-faveys ( way too hard to pick ), I instead give you this little taste test of what you'll find on the site :

{ psst.. I highly recommend you click this pic so you can see these fonts in BIG size. worth it }


links :


Agadulce by Luis Vicente Hernandez Gonzalez
Nico (shown : Nico Medium) by Ipsum Planet
Minimeter by Anton Studer
Goodbye (shown : Goodbye Black) by Anton Studer
Isosibilia (mistakenly shown as Iso Type) by Rodrigo Fuenzalida
Laser by Oscar & Ewan
Motion (shown : Motion One) by Anton Studer


{ p.s. 'font fest' heading is in Pee Pants Script via this post on Poppytalk }


{ p.p.s. image under sample text is the design from my Reckless Pumpkin Flat Note Set available in my Felt & Wire shop }


*****

p.s. i have green hair now!



It's pretty fun. I feel kinda like a vegetable. 
In a fun way!
I decided that if I were a vegetable I would be a haleychoke. Just makes sense.


0 comments: