- haley
- my name is haley. i'm wild about stationery and paper goods and make them accordingly. i am a product of washington, dc. also i live there. i like acorns and cats and pop music and all that other stuff that everybody likes. let's be friends.
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
Blog Archive
CATEGORIES
PIED PIPER
Friday, October 9, 2009
FINALLY IN THE UK...
Dang! That was the most extended, interminable move I've ever attempted in this short life of mine... and now that we're here in Cambridge we're still waiting for our shipment of everything-we-own to be delivered to our flat. I've been living out of the same suitcase for 2 months! (Luckily it's a pretty big suitcase...)
We're living right on the River Cam, and have seriously gorgeous views.

So while I've been here I've been working really hard on putting together a wedding invite order for a really lovely lady. She really liked the invitations I had for my wedding and wanted something similar. I had a lot of fun re-doing the design, and have now named it after her!
Welcome to it : The Josephine :

I managed to do the lettering a lot more neatly than it ended up on my own invites...

The most fun (and by far the hardest) part of the order has been addressing the envelopes. Man oh man! It's really made me deal with what a perfectionist I am, I've had to deal with just accepting things as good enough. I have impossible standards for myself.
I have had a lot of fun adding all kinds of different flourishes to the addresses, it's my favorite part...


Tomorrow I'm going to London to deliver everything. I've never really spent time there so I'm excited.
Bob's yr uncle
We're living right on the River Cam, and have seriously gorgeous views.

So while I've been here I've been working really hard on putting together a wedding invite order for a really lovely lady. She really liked the invitations I had for my wedding and wanted something similar. I had a lot of fun re-doing the design, and have now named it after her!
Welcome to it : The Josephine :

I managed to do the lettering a lot more neatly than it ended up on my own invites...

The most fun (and by far the hardest) part of the order has been addressing the envelopes. Man oh man! It's really made me deal with what a perfectionist I am, I've had to deal with just accepting things as good enough. I have impossible standards for myself.
I have had a lot of fun adding all kinds of different flourishes to the addresses, it's my favorite part...


Tomorrow I'm going to London to deliver everything. I've never really spent time there so I'm excited.
Bob's yr uncle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ART, PAPER, CRAFTS, ETC.
- (inside a black apple)
- (oh so) beautiful paper
- a print a day
- craft stylish
- creature comforts
- decor8
- design*sponge
- how about orange
- mixed plate
- modish
- oh, hello friend
- papercrave
- parcel post blog
- peculiar pair press blog
- poppytalk blog
- scissor variations
- the crafts dept.
- the small object
- twig and thistle blog






6 comments:
gorgeous!! they look fantastic
thank you!!
hi Haley. the invitations are so cool. nice job. hope you are well. hi to J. love, Diane
Awesome invites! :)
Ahh! I just got married two months ago and would have died to have had this print. It is fabulous!
so cool!!!
Post a Comment