- haley
- my name is haley. i'm wild about stationery and paper goods and make them accordingly. i am a product of washington, dc. also i live there. i like acorns and cats and pop music and all that other stuff that everybody likes. let's be friends.
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
Blog Archive
CATEGORIES
PIED PIPER
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
SHOW AND TELL : STATIONERY (SURPRISE!)
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!
As I've been unpacking I've been digging out all manner of THINGS, some being similar to others (duh). It's been good for sorting and (kind of) organizing and assessing everything I own...
I thought I'd share some of these collections with y'all... the first (and most obvious!) is stationery stationery stationery! I picked out my most faves for you...
these are the faves!!!
ok, troops! let's take a closer look!
( l-r )
* total partie! letterpress birthday card by Smock Paper ; with hand-lined envelope!
* screenprinted bird flat notes by Sarah Parrot at Parrot Design Studio. These are incredibly pleasurable to write on, for some reason
(clockwise from left)
* really well-bordered flat notes by Peculiar Pair Press... I love these especially because of the fancy filigree towards the top. The date looks so good there, really.
* holy moly, these folded cards are printed on maybe the softest paper I've ever touched. I want to sleep on it. Came with assorted animals... by Austin Press ( I love! Austin Press!!)
* the most perfectly stripey folded card by Tenth and Grant. I don't know why I love these so much, but I really do. I've used maybe 10 of them.
( l-r )
* also a very soft card, haha. This card is amazing because it folds at the top. Made by Screech Owl Design (who are so great.. look our for an interview I've done with them on Each Penny Pretty soon!)
* From Little Otsu-- the Tiger Mountain Days card by Lart C. Berliner ...let me tell you something: I am obsessed with everything Lart C. Berliner does. &I own a lot of it. The prettiest colored pencil drawings ever!
( l-r )
* Tt Thank You by Linea Carta. Very nice paper. Intended for my mother.
* I blogged about these freeeeee printable note flats from A Print A Day back in June. I use them all the time, they're so pretty!
( l-r )
* Ok, yes I got these at Michaels, and yes they're Martha Stewart. And YES I adore them.
* Also from Little Otsu. Jelly Flowers folded cards by Martine Workman! Jelly Flowers!
( l-r )
* Ahem... also from Little Otsu (I really like them, so what!) the Sloth Tree card by Ayumi Piland. Cute attack.
* Oh boy, these might be my all-time all-star favorite. My lovely sister bought them for me from Paloma's Nest... the text is customizable (mine is a quote from the Jabberwocky) and printed on wood veneer. Wooden stationery! Vellum envelope! The lap of luxury!
( l-r )
* Aww, the sweetest card from Something's Hiding In Here. ooh la felt stationery!
* Umm... another Little Otsu item (is this getting embrrassing?)-- Ten Postcards by Jennie Smith and Jessica Seamans
* this is one of the best letterpress pieces I've seen (p.s. also opens from the top-- I like that)... The texture of the jellyfish feels so good. And the colors! The colors! By Delphine Press.
( l-r )
* I really fell for this Geometric Crane card by Pearl & Marmalade. I'm kind of a sucker for geometrics.
* Oh my god. This card is from Little Otsu, too. haha.. Peek-a-hibou card by Selena Wong. Really delicate details.. I never even want to use it! *horde horde horde*
As I've been unpacking I've been digging out all manner of THINGS, some being similar to others (duh). It's been good for sorting and (kind of) organizing and assessing everything I own...
I thought I'd share some of these collections with y'all... the first (and most obvious!) is stationery stationery stationery! I picked out my most faves for you...
these are the faves!!!ok, troops! let's take a closer look!
* total partie! letterpress birthday card by Smock Paper ; with hand-lined envelope!
* screenprinted bird flat notes by Sarah Parrot at Parrot Design Studio. These are incredibly pleasurable to write on, for some reason
* really well-bordered flat notes by Peculiar Pair Press... I love these especially because of the fancy filigree towards the top. The date looks so good there, really.
* holy moly, these folded cards are printed on maybe the softest paper I've ever touched. I want to sleep on it. Came with assorted animals... by Austin Press ( I love! Austin Press!!)
* the most perfectly stripey folded card by Tenth and Grant. I don't know why I love these so much, but I really do. I've used maybe 10 of them.
* also a very soft card, haha. This card is amazing because it folds at the top. Made by Screech Owl Design (who are so great.. look our for an interview I've done with them on Each Penny Pretty soon!)
* From Little Otsu-- the Tiger Mountain Days card by Lart C. Berliner ...let me tell you something: I am obsessed with everything Lart C. Berliner does. &I own a lot of it. The prettiest colored pencil drawings ever!
* Tt Thank You by Linea Carta. Very nice paper. Intended for my mother.
* I blogged about these freeeeee printable note flats from A Print A Day back in June. I use them all the time, they're so pretty!
* Ok, yes I got these at Michaels, and yes they're Martha Stewart. And YES I adore them.
* Also from Little Otsu. Jelly Flowers folded cards by Martine Workman! Jelly Flowers!
* Ahem... also from Little Otsu (I really like them, so what!) the Sloth Tree card by Ayumi Piland. Cute attack.
* Oh boy, these might be my all-time all-star favorite. My lovely sister bought them for me from Paloma's Nest... the text is customizable (mine is a quote from the Jabberwocky) and printed on wood veneer. Wooden stationery! Vellum envelope! The lap of luxury!
* Aww, the sweetest card from Something's Hiding In Here. ooh la felt stationery!
* Umm... another Little Otsu item (is this getting embrrassing?)-- Ten Postcards by Jennie Smith and Jessica Seamans
* I really fell for this Geometric Crane card by Pearl & Marmalade. I'm kind of a sucker for geometrics.
* Oh my god. This card is from Little Otsu, too. haha.. Peek-a-hibou card by Selena Wong. Really delicate details.. I never even want to use it! *horde horde horde*
*****
Well, in other "news" I drew this last night :
Well, in other "news" I drew this last night :
"Strawberry Girl wants a Partie!"
Labels:
new work,
odds and ends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ART, PAPER, CRAFTS, ETC.
- (inside a black apple)
- (oh so) beautiful paper
- a print a day
- craft stylish
- creature comforts
- decor8
- design*sponge
- how about orange
- mixed plate
- modish
- oh, hello friend
- papercrave
- parcel post blog
- peculiar pair press blog
- poppytalk blog
- scissor variations
- the crafts dept.
- the small object
- twig and thistle blog






2 comments:
Those cards are all gorgeous! Great choices. :)
I love the cards, all SO pretty.
Your drawings are SO AMAZING, I wish I could draw like that. Definitely following. <333
Post a Comment